Guidance for the Celebration of the Paschal Triduum
[In time of COVID-19]
HOLY THURSDAY OF THE LORD’S SUPPER
- The Holy Thursday Mass will be live-streamed on 9APR20 at 1700.
- Note that on this day the faculty to celebrate Mass in a suitable place, without the presence of the people, is exceptionally granted to all priests.
- The washing of feet, which is already optional, will be omitted.
- At the end of the Mass of the Lord’s Supper, the procession with the Blessed Sacrament to the place of repose will be omitted. The Blessed Sacrament will be kept in the tabernacle.
- The faithful are invited to make acts of spiritual Communion and to cultivate their longing for the celebration of the Eucharist and reception of Holy Communion. See for the entire TRIDUUM: ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
FRIDAY OF THE PASSION OF THE LORD [GOOD FRIDAY]
- The Good Friday Liturgy will be live-streamed on 10APR20 at 1500.
- For this year, the Adoration of the Holy Cross is by the assembly as a whole and not individually. The celebrant will genuflect the cross as a sign of reverence.
- A prayer for an end of the pandemic will be included in the Solemn Universal.
- The Easter Vigil will be celebrated in a suitable place on 11APR at 1930 and can be accessed via live stream.
- The preparation and lighting of the fire (and the procession) will be omitted.
- A cantor (1SG Moreno) will sing the Easter Proclamation (Exsultet).
- Liturgy of the Word. The Blessing of Water. General Intercession.
- There will be no Initiation of Christians and Full Communion.
For questions/clarification, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of 27MAR20